- Gemstones: Dry Creek Turquoise
- Materials: Sterling Silver / 925 Silver
- Measurements: 29mm X 26mm (stone)
- Size: 6" in length with 1" gap / 15cm in length with 2.5cm gap
- Weight: 50g
- Styles: Gemstone Jewelry, American Native Works
- Categories: Bracelets
Turquoise is a hydrated phosphate of copper and aluminum. It has been sought by numerous ancient civilizations, considered one of the oldest gemstones; used in Egyptian burials over 6000 years ago, and was even found as carved figures in Neolithic sites.
Here in North America, Turquoise had great meaning to the peoples of the southwest. It represented water, the sky and abundance, bountiful harvests and health. Referred to as the “Stone of Life”, it drew helpful spirits, repelled negative energy and brought prosperity to the wearer. It is considered a stone of good luck, and brings calm and tranquility helping to dispel negative energies and bring peace. When given by a loved one turquoise is said to bring happiness, good fortune and prosperity.